We answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and provided here for easy access. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video on this page.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- Peanut and the puppy playing together is too adorable. I am trying to use the Premack principle when brushing my dogs teeth. He loves playing with his food boxes from the puppy class last year. How can I transfer that reward for allowing me to brush even for a second or two?
- why is peanut outside?
- how do you get a dog used to people running past them and the dog not alerting towards them as if they would like to run towards them.
- Should LAT be taught for every dog? For certain worrisome situations where increasing distance can´t be possible?
- with another dog I carried a mat. would you recommend that. I did the Leslie McDevitt place concept 'place'
- how does look at that integrate with BAT. I did leslie's program
- Asking about the Voyce collar Joey spoke of. Would this collar be of use to evaluate stress and anxiety in a dog, or would a simple heart rate monitor be as effective?
- You mentioned that the NEW Symmetry Line that you sell line has a brass clip and how this effects conductivity. Can you please elaborate on what this means.
- Did the rescue organization place a chip in Bean before you adopted him?
- How would you teach your dog to do more of a casual "hi there" then move on greet as opposed to a intense sniff the person for five minutes one
- How to get success in puppy class? That the puppy gets positive experience and less stress. We are bringing the relaxation mat with us. What else?
- Grisha talked about how she could have helped Bean relax more at last night's party at her house.
Links Grisha referred to in this session (or could have):
- Peanut and Bean falling in love on Grisha's YouTube Channel
- Where to buy the Symmetry Line and Grisha's Custom Mendota Long Line
- Leslie McDevitt's books: Control Unleashed, Creating a Focused and Confident Dog and Control Unleashed Puppy Program. She also has DVDs: Foundation Seminar, Pattern Games, and Game Demonstrations
- Voyce Collar
- Polar Equine Heart Monitor
- A lot of the Vet Visit Stress Tips also apply to puppy class
- Dog Training Class Help category in the member library