In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- How can I avoid separation anxiety? I wear the same work uniform for work every day. My usual routine is get dressed, make lunch and breakfast then go to work. When I get my puppy, should I establish this routine with her (I'll have holiday time off to help her settle in), i.e. dress in my work clothes but not leave the house? How do I prevent it happening when I work?
- Very excited about your cross-country training sessions, minus dogs. Can you please describe in more detail? How many participants will be at each event?
- I know you demo's 'Leave it' and 'Take It' with Bean a few weeks back on the Q&A. Can you please talk about translating leave it, when one's dog comes upon a tasty treat in the street? The 'Leave it' at home, does not appear to translate to my dog in the new and unexpected context.
- With noise desensitization (audio recordings) could you string a few noises together and slowly increase the volume?
- Bean playing catch it is amazing. How do you actually teach it?
- When applying BAT 2.0 to dogs are overly aroused and super excited to see people or other dogs would all the same principles apply? Are there any alterations to the technique or suggestions that you'd make for those dogs in particular?
- How do I get my little puppy interested in me and treats when we are out.
She is 10 week. And only interested in small branches and other things like that.
Inside much better. But only 2 or 3 times then she loose interest
- Special topics:
- I did a demo of treat catching with Bean
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Real Dog Yoga webinar with Jo-Rosie Haffenden is December 15. All members get discounts on registration for this live online seminar.
- Teamwork Seminars schedule with map
- Separation Anxiety books:
- I'll Be Home Soon by Patricia McConnell, Ph.D.
- Don't Leave Me! Step-By-Step Help for Your Dog's Separation Anxiety by Nicole Wilde
- Treating Separation Anxiety by Malena DeMartini-Price, CTC
- Here are some video recommendations from the Member Library: