In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- i have conditioned my dog to the door bell and he no longer barks at that but he has moved onto barking when we speak to the person at the door and he also barks at us as we get up to answer the door how do i stop this. thank you
- Just a thought about projecting your dog from other dogs, if you had a not friendly dog (off leash) came racing up to yours, could your train your dog to leap up into you arms for those occasions? Would that be empowerment or do you think it could create a negative association?
- Bean and Peanut are so adorable together. What happens if Bean rings the bell to be let out of his crate and no one is at home, to let him out?
Or, do you take the bell away when no one is at home?
- My client is pregnant and expecting their newborn in May, Im helping them prepare there dog with obedience training and socialization to the new noises that come with a newborn(crying etc.). Anything else you would recommend?
- My dog TT is doing a chin over behaviour with other dogs. He's a big dog and puts his chin on the shoulders or back of another dog. They don't like it but he's not very good at taking the hint. I ask him to leave it when he does it, not always successfully as he gets very excited. Any insight into this behaviour? He is 6 and likes other dogs.
- 7 month old female has a very strong Coprophagia behavior. She will poop on a walk and as soon as she's unsupervised, will poop in the house and eat it. She will poop multiple times in the backyard, come inside and if allowed back outside, will immediately poop/eat. I've given her instructions about management and training but welcome your suggestions to make sure I'm not missing anything.
- I have seen other dogs put their heads under another dogs chin what do you think they want to achieve with this?
- How do you think puppies and adult dogs should be introduced? Should puppies be kept away from most adult dogs to avoid potential fights?
- Does doing a lot of BAT from an early puppy age make the dog be ore aware of where you are and stay closer to you off leash?
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Real Dog Yoga webinar with Jo-Rosie Haffenden is this afternoon. All members get discounts on registration for this live online seminar.
- Teamwork Seminars schedule with map
- Manners Minder remote treat dispenser is very useful