In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- Hi Grisha, Can you help me select the best harness for my 9 lb poodle - she's very reactive to other dogs and squirrels!. I have been training with the sense-ation, front attach harness.
I have read, in your 2.0 book, that the perfect fit and balance are good. I don't think I am comfortable using the front and back attachments. Do you have a video that may help me use this type of harness.
- I am not sure how to teach my dog not to guard things from other dogs. (not an issue with people) She guards her food, water, bones, toys (esp. squeaky). I don't bring her to my friend's apartment anymore because she guards things in their house from their dog. I manage the situation by keeping her separate from other dogs whenever these things are around, but I'm dying to work on it with her.
- I also talked about:
- Body language with a toy (chase/play and resource guarding between dogs) - play by play [I apologize for the funky sound on the second clip]
- BATting myself for grief
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Blog post about grieving Peanut - with tips on what you can do now to help yourself out later.
- Patricia McConnell and Karen London have a great book called "Feeling Outnumbered" and Dr. McConnell has a DVD also called "Feeling Outnumbered: How to Manage a Multi-Dog Household"
- Deb McMullen's book "How Many Dogs?" is also great! Click here for the eBook.