In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- I did 2 BAT session with a 1/2 familiar trigger(person) with my dog. the last session she started to vocalize excitedly (telling me that she knew the person and is ok with her)when she saw the trigger but she didn't wag her tail. So I didn't let her go up and continued the BAT session coming up to 1-2 meter to trigger. When do I know is a good time to let her go up to trigger?
- My other question is: Could you do a video on bringing a person( trigger) into house and how a session in the house would look like (close up BAT work)??? I really would love that and its so much better to learn from a video than just reading it in the book. thank you sooo sooo much.
- Hi Grisha, I hope you don't mind me asking but how long would you say it took you with Peanut to improve his reactivity using BAT and how much time on a daily basis did you spend working with him? I have had Lily who is rescue for nearly 3 years now but only discovered BAT about a year and a half ago and have been working hard but there always seems so many setbacks and so much to learn.
- How could I use BAT on our daily walks? I have a rescue pup, he is two years old and seems to get very anxious with other dogs if he is on leash.
We try our best to avoid situations where he goes way over threshold but its reeally hard here.
- I couldn't find the info about upcoming European seminars, where are they held?
- I also talked about:
- Doorbell training for dogs using differential reinforcement of alternate behavior.
- Live training with Bean and Zuki.
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- My Facebook events page
- Seminar listings on this site
- BAT DVDs (also available in streaming format)
- We actually have TWO more office hours and the online seminar is in two weeks. Here's Facebook info on Don't Just Grab the Pussy: Consent in All Species