Eliot Center – Fuller Hall
Portland, OR 97205 United States
Eliot Center is the home of theFirst Unitarian Church of Portland. Please note that this is the venue for the seminar, but not the host. If you have seminar-related questions, please contact Grisha & Empowered Animals.
Eliot Center covers a city block and is conveniently located in downtown Portland near access points to Route 26, I-405 and I-5, public transit stops and multiple parking options.
- From I-5 headed North - Take the "City Center" exit (I-405); then take the Salmon Street exit and turn right on Salmon Street; The entrance comes up quick between 12th and 13th.
- From I-5 headed South - Take I-405 exit; Take "Couch (Burnside) Street" exit; Turn left on Burnside; Turn right on 11th Ave.; Salmon is between Taylor and Main. Be careful with the one-way streets.
- From Sunset Highway (Hwy 26) driving East toward Portland - Use center lane through tunnel; Take "downtown" exit; Turn left on 12th Ave.; Church is on your left between Main and Salmon.
- From I-84 headed West toward Portland - Take left fork at end of I-84; Take "City Center" exit over Morrison Bridge; Cross river and continue through downtown (you're on Washington St.); Turn left on 11th Ave.; Continue south on 11th Ave; Salmon is between Taylor and Main. Be careful with the one-way streets.
- From Oregon 99 headed North - Stay on 99, which turns into Grand Avenue in Portland, until you reach the Haw-thorne Bridge (it will be on your left). Get onto the Hawthorne Bridge and cross the river. This will deposit you on Jef-ferson St. Stay on Jefferson until you reach 12th Ave. Turn right, follow 12th to church on Salmon.
- By Tri-Met bus - Make sure that you get on a city bus that will go to the bus mall in downtown Portland. At the down-town bus mall, get off at either Salmon St. or Main St. (dependant on the bus). Turn west to 12th. Visit Tri-met for schedules.
- By Tri-Met MAX - Whether going east or west on the MAX, you will want to get off at the Galleria/SW 10th Ave. stop. If you've just gotten off the westbound MAX, you will find yourself at the corner of SW 10th & Morrison. If you've just gotten off the eastbound MAX, you will find yourself at the corner of SW 10th & Yamhill. Walk west two blocks to 12th Ave. Turn left, and walk south down 12th until you reach Salmon Street. Visit Tri-met for more information and schedules.
- By Portland Streetcar - If you are coming from the Portland State end, you will need to disembark at the stop at SW 10th & Jefferson. Walk one block north to Main Street, turn left, and walk two blocks west to 12th Ave. If you are com-ing from the NW 23rd end, you will need to disembark at the stop at SW 11th & Jefferson. Walk one block north to Main Street, turn left, and walk one block west to 12th Ave. You will see the church ahead. Visit Tri-met for more info.
There are two public parking lots adjacent to the facility. On Street Parking is also available.
- U-Park lot: SW 12th between Main and Salmon:
- City Center: SW 11th and Main
- Diamond Parking Lot: Between 12th & 13th on Salmon
Where Exactly is It?
Fuller Hall is in the Sanctuary part of the First Unitarian Church of Portland. You can enter off of 12th street or Main street.
Portland Hotels and B&Bs
This list represents a range of hotels that are located (more or less) within a few blocks of Eliot Center. There are many others! Most downtown hotels are serviced by the Streetcar Line and Max Lightrail. Within the down-town area there is no charge for this transportation. All prices are approximate, just to give you the range.
- University Place Hotel Special Discounted Rates: 310 SW Lincoln St. $69 Single $79 Double, 1-866-845-4647 or 503-221-0140, Ask for First Unitarian Church rate, On Max train line and Streetcar; 15 minute walk from church to hotel.
- Hilton Hotel, 921 SW 6th Ave., 503-226-1611, $129–$169
- Mark Spencer Hotel, 409 SW 11th Ave., 503-224-3293, $99–$229
- Marriott, There are three Marriott Hotels in the downtown area, all priced from $129–$259
- City Center: 520 SW Broadway, 503-226-6300
- Waterfront: 1401 SW Naito Parkway, 503-226-7600
- Residence Inn: 503-552-9500
- Riverplace Hotel, 1510 SW Harbor Way, 503-228-3233, $169–$389
- Heathman Hotel, 1001 SW Broadway, 1-800-551-0011, $169–$330
- Ace Hotel (A bit funky, very Portland), 1022 SW Stark St., 503-228-2277, Shared Bathroom: $99, Private Bathroom: $140
- Embassy Suites, 319 SW Pine St., 503-279-9000, $159–$209
Bed and Breakfast Inns and Hostels:
- Heron House, 2545 NW Westover Rd., 503-274-1846, $140–$175
- MacMaster, 1041 SW Vista Ave., 503-223-7362, $110–$140
- Portland International Guest House, 2185 NW Flanders St., 1-877-228-0500, $55–$80
- Portland International Hostel, Shared space and bathroom, 415 NW 18th Ave, $48–$62
- First Unitarian Church Bed & Breakfast Program. Guests pay between $65 and $75 per night; the total amount goes to the church. Church hosts provide a bed-room and breakfast. While many of the hosts become more involved with their guests, sometimes showing them around town, it’s entirely up to you. Want to learn more? Please contact Anne Mabley at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 503-288-3530; or Anne Upshaw at: email@example.com, or 503-777-7857.
About the Consent seminar: Did you know that your dog might not actually like being picked up? Or that "not running away" is not the same as your cat consenting to be petted? Did you know that putting your hand out into a dog's space is actually NOT a polite thing to do in the dog world? Or that most of the photos of 'happy dogs' getting hugs on Facebook are probably not actually happy? Consent before touching (or lack…Find out more »