To view this video, please purchase this course or LOG IN AND REFRESH THIS PAGE if you have already purchased it.Email us if you are having trouble accessing the course.
To view the rest of the lessons, please purchase this course or log in if you have already purchased it.
HOW TO FIND THE COURSE INFO
You can always find the main Tween Puppy Sessions course page by logging in and going to My Account.
This course is made up entirely of videos, which are live and then also available in recorded form.
The main course lessons are done by live video on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm Pacific/8:30 Eastern for about an hour. You can watch them later, as well.
A link to the most current live video will be right near the top of your course page. Below that is a list of all sessions. Click on the date for the live session (or the recording if the date has passed).
Always be sure to log into the course. If you don't log in, the course page will show purchase information and you won't see the videos. If you see that, just log in and refresh the page.
- You can change the playback speed on recorded videos by clicking the settings icon (a little gear) on the lower right side of the video and selecting faster or slower. That is also how you set the video resolution (set it lower if your internet connection is slow).
- Headphones give you the best audio quality.
- Volume control and screen resizing are on the video itself and on your device. If the screen freezes during a live broadcast, refresh your browser. If the live signal ever fails, please don't worry. A recording will be available for each week of class.
- Click the link at the end of each video to add it to My Video History. This is important for CEUs or just your own record.
- Practice changing settings on the video below, including clicking the link at the end to add it to your history. This is Video 83 in our Member Video Library at the Student level.
Just for fun, here's another video to test your settings. It's an interview with Dr. Claudia Fugazza. If you're a Pro Member, you get access to lots more of these kind of interviews in the Member Video Library.
RECORDING YOUR CPDT CEUS
If you need CEUS, please be sure to click Add to My History at the end of the Review Session videos. Also be sure to include your CPDT number in your member profile if you want those CEUs to be reported.
If you have purchased this eBook, please log in with the user info that you created.
Grisha Stewart's acclaimed book, "The Official Ahimsa Dog Training Manual: A Practical, Force-Free Guide to Problem Solving & Manners," is available here on this page as an eBook and as a printed book through the sources below. This book is a general dog training manual for the most common problems and necessary training for dogs in our homes.
UPDATED! Now includes more illustrations, leash handling skills, and information about BAT 2.0 for reactivity.
SAMPLE: Click to read the first chapter.
This 160-page book is an introduction to dog training that started as the companion exercises for Ahimsa Dog Training classes in Seattle. It has practical exercises that start from a basic level and work up through advanced work on the most important behaviors for dogs to know. This quick manual is helpful for dog trainers to use with clients or new ideas for exercises and for breeders to share with new puppy parents.
The Ahimsa Manual includes info on how dogs learn, clicker training, how to get rid of bad behaviors (puppy biting, fear/aggression, separation anxiety, etc.), and how to teach good behaviors, like coming when called, the name, watch, relaxation, sit, down, stay, wait, touch, walking on leash, give, go to your bed, and more! Illustrations help make the information clear and entertaining.
Look at the bottom of this page for the exact topics covered plus reviews by Paul Owens and other dog behavior and training experts.
Purchase the eBook
eBook Formats: You should be able to read the book on pretty much any device. You'll get access to all of these file types with your purchase.
- MOBI (Amazon Kindle device and apps)
- EPUB (Nook, iBooks, Google books, etc.)
- PDF (Adobe on your computer, iBooks, etc.)
Save on your ebook by getting a Building Blocks membership at the same time. Members get discounts here in the Campus Store, plus unlimited access to tons of video lessons.
Purchase: eBook: Ahimsa Dog Training
* Student Members get access to tons of how-to videos, discounts in our Campus Store, and access to other resources in our community. Does not automatically renew.
** Pro Members get all of the Student Member benefits, plus bigger discounts, Animal World Superstars interviews, and more features for dog trainers. Hobby trainers are welcome - you need not be a working professional. Does not automatically renew.
Table of Contents (subject to change):
- COMMUNICATION & LEARNING GO BOTH WAYS
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR DOG'S COMMUNICATION
- LEARNING THEORY
- Four types of consequences for behavior
- Focus on the good stuff
- Killing with kindness: a note on rewards
- CLICKER TRAINING WORKS!
- WHAT IS A CLICKER?
- WHY DOES THE CLICKER WORK?
- GETTING RID OF PROBLEM BEHAVIORS
- JUMPING & OTHER ACCIDENTALLY TRAINED BEHAVIORS
- PUPPY BITING & CHEWING
- 15 TIPS TO STOP BARKING IN CLASS
- FEAR, FRUSTRATION, AND AGGRESSION
- Counterconditioning and systematic desensitization
- Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT 2.0)
- DON'T LEAVE ME! PREVENTING SEPARATION ANXIETY
- HEY, THAT'S MINE! PREVENTING & DEALING WITH RESOURCE GUARDING
- GOOD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK!
- TEACHING RELIABLE BEHAVIORS
- CHOICE POINTS-SET YOUR DOG UP FOR SUCCESS
- NAME GAME
- RECALL CUE-COMING WHEN CALLED
- Things to avoid when training Come
- General tips for Come
- Treat Party-the emergency recall cue
- Practice all the time
- Gradually make it harder
- Treat fetching-A fun way to train and play!
- More recall games
- RELAXATION ON CUE
- RELEASE WORDS-ARE WE THERE YET?
- Release cue
- End of session cue
- TOUCH-TARGETING NOSE TO HAND
- LOOSE LEASH WALKING
- Click for attention / Click for position
- Turn and follow
- Focused walking (Touch and you're heeled!)
- Being a tree or backing up
- Speed training
- Penalty yards
- Silky leash technique
- LEAVE IT
- GIVE OR DROP IT
- 101 THINGS TO DO WITH A BOX
- GO TO YOUR BED
- CRATE TRAINING
- ADDING A CUE TO ANY BEHAVIOR
- GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT UP
- RESOURCES FOR EVEN MORE HELP
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
"Of the thousands of dog training books out there, it's rare finding one that has something new to say or presents the science of positive training in a unique and meaningful way. Grisha's new book, the Ahimsa Dog Training Manual, does just that. Clear, concise, informative and extremely user-friendly, this book deserves a prominent place on every trainer's bookshelf."
Best-selling author of "The Dog Whisperer; A Compassionate, Nonviolent Approach to Dog Training" (Adams Media, 1999) and "The Puppy Whisperer A Compassionate, Nonviolent Guide to Early Training and Care" (Adams Media, 2007)
Renowned Stunt Dog Performer and author of best seller "101 Dog Tricks"
APDT Past President and of "Your Outta Control Puppy," "Super Simple Guide to Housetraining," "Quick & Easy Crate Training," "Puppy Care and Training" and A"nimal Planet Dogs 101 Dog Training"
Where to Buy the Other Versions
- eBook in Other Languages
- Wholesale is available via NACSCORP and Ingram
Common mispellings: ahisma, ahinsa, ashima