Thank you for your interest in the Canine Fitness seminar with Lori Stevens. Up to 10 dogs may attend to do the exercises. These are called "working dogs." Please use the form at the bottom of this page to bring your dog to this seminar.
Working dogs are the only dogs allowed at the seminar, although this is a public park, so other dogs may be in the general area of the seminar.
The following information is for the working dogs at the seminar. Please visit the main seminar page for more information about the seminar itself.
Notes & Paperwork:Please log in to view the notes.
- Can be in a classroom setting near dogs all day without aggressive displays or distress.
- Ok with being alone and/or crated some of the time (see below).
- Only 'working dogs' - dogs registered to attend - may be present.
- Dogs will be worked one at a time, not simultaneously, so your dog will need to be kept quiet and/or out of view when another dog is working. This approach helps Lori make sure the activities practiced are beneficial to each dog and lets you see a variety of ways to apply her techniques.
- DO NOT let the dogs greet during the seminar. Use a treat or verbal cue to get your dog's attention away from other dogs. Pretty much all dogs need space at this sort of event.
- Signed Waiver for working dog spots
- Water bowl
- Yoga mat
- Leash and harness on your dog
- Treats (small treats in a variety of values: low medium, high, crazy good)
- Chew items to entertain your dog
- Crate, ex-pen, or shade/cooling contraption in your car - some way to keep your dog contained and comfortable during the day when not working. We will be working dogs one at a time.
- Sheet or other type of cover for your crate to help your dog relax if other dogs pass by the crate.
- Your dog must be pre-trained to be comfortable in his/her crate. Small dogs can be in your lap the whole time if they're not disturbing anything. Dogs do not have to be crated the whole time but they do need to be out of the way/invisible when it is another dog's 'turn' for demonstration. Some dogs can be crated in the lecture hall but the chairs are anchored down so there is only so much space. Others can be crated just outside the door of the seminar (either in the foyer of the building, which we have reserved or actually outside), with the doors open. If we end up doing that, we will have a volunteer out there to keep an eye on the dogs or you can stay with your dog and watch the lecture from out there. If it's not hot, your dog could also be in your car when it's not working time, but who knows what the weather will be like on June 24 in Alaska!
- Also bring regular seminar stuff: a way to take notes, a cushion (see below), business cards, walking boots (if you want to walk the trails - probably also bug spray for the hike since it's Alaska), a coffee mug (we'll also provide disposables), and lunch unless you plan to drive to get some at a nearby restaurant.
CHECK BACK! This page will have an expanded list of what to bring to the seminar, so please check back before the seminar.
Deprecated: mysql_query(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/petbuil1/public_html/animalbuildingblocks/include-custom.php on line 1117
Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/petbuil1/public_html/animalbuildingblocks/include-custom.php on line 1117
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/petbuil1/public_html/animalbuildingblocks/include-custom.php on line 1117
Please register with the form below:
If you are already a member or have made a purchase at GrishaStewart.com before, please log in with the user info you created.
Registration comes with one free month of Student membership in the Animal Building Blocks Academy (new members only), which means you have access to several videos weekly video question and answer sessions, and discounts on products in the store, like Grisha's new BAT 2.0 book. It will stop automatically after one month.
Please visit the main Canine Fitness seminar page for more details.