We answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- Can you talk a little bit about doing following-BAT? I had some opportunities to do this ninja-style today. Since moving toward the trigger is ok when following... Should I watch for arousal differently?
- When you have done a successful setup with the decoy dog, would it be good now to practise everyday walks with the decoy dog? And how would you practise? Parallel walkings?: walking directly toward each other, following the other.
- Welcome back! I know that you spoke about snuffle park experience, and I cannot remember in which section it was here. I queried it and looked in the online classes that I am in. Can you please re-post the link?
- This question is about Peanut and Bean. When people, give more attention to Bean, (as a puppy,) how do you balance this for both dogs to avoid jealousy?
- For people with dogs with shy tendencies, how do you recommend evaluating a helper dog to practice with, (not to adopt,) who can help the dog with the shy tendencies to practice?
- The best way to introduce two dogs to each other is off leash? What is another one is a shy one?
- Special topic:
- What's the best way to talk to people about their own dogs when they don't know they need help
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Snuffle Park - here's the Karen Bailey video I mentioned.
Dr. Susan Friedman is our next guest at the Animal World Superstars interview session for pro members.
- View the list of upcoming BAT Chats for pro members of ABBA. The first one is this month! Participating by watching, sharing video, etc. is a great way to improve your BAT skills.