In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- Unfortunately, for those of us that do not have the money or many close friends and family that are comfortable with dogs, let alone reactive dogs, could you please advise how we are able to do the BAT setups without assistance?
- This questions relates to the fact my dog has chased cars, which I'm doing car desentisation with her, can a dogs emotional state change with verbal encouragement and massage? Last night she trigger stacked about noises in the country, some of which I couldnt hear. I used treats which she took and she came to me and accepted my massage and cuddles but did still bark and growl.
- My dog is terrified by strangers and lunges and barks at them. Also she has nipped a person before. Now, I am in the process of starting BAT set ups soon. But in the meantime, until she is lots better with strangers, if she has to go to the vet, what would be your suggestions of how to make her not completely loosing it at at the vet?
- Limited BAT set up areas that have people and dogs but can be at a safe distance. Large field surrounded by trees/shrubs, in between field and trees is walking path. She zooms in field from one sniff to the next going closer to path. Do slow stop but then have to redirect as she wants to be on path nearer trees. Is it OK to keep redirecting back to field area? No other venue w/safe distance.
- I also talked about:
- BAT leash skills video demo
- Dog begging at the table
- For next week: Hi Grisha! I know each case is individual, but in general, what steps do you take when you have two dogs fighting in the house? Now that the second dog is an adolescent the two dogs have started to argue over resources.
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Register soon! Online Seminar: Small Dogs Rule, October 4. Webinar for all dog lovers, with discounts just for ABBA members.
- Vet Visit Stress tips in the Member Library