In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- I've heard trainers promote fetch as a form of exercise. I've recently taught Astra to fetch but to provent it from becoming a fun activity away from me, I've play a tug game when she comes back and do othr behaviours. Was interested in your thoughts on fetch?
- My dog unfortunately got the chance to chase a chicken at the beach a week ago. He caught it by the tail feathers before I could get his attention, neither chicken nor dog were hurt. I feel like he's been more tired than normal since then. Is this normal. Could he have just over stressed his system and it's taking a while to recover?
- To be fair he had a big weekend before the Tuesday beach outing. Nosework trials sat and Sunday and agility class Sunday evening. More than his normal schedule
- Why "good choice" instead of "good boy?"
- Do you have a resource for where to buy and how to fit a muzzle (for a small Bean sized dog)
- I also talked about:
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- DecChirag Patel Muzzle video
- Teamwork seminar (recording available for purchase, discount for ABBA members)
- The muzzle I showed with Bean was the Baskerville Ultra, size 1. They don't make them in blue any more, only black and now tan.
- The dog socks I was teaching Bean to wear were Pawks, size small.
- Member Video Library has a video on playing tug with your dog.
- I also talked about dog boots in a couple of other Office Hours: