In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- I use the Mendota leash for BAT setups AND also for our daily walks. I often walk
out in a park where my dog has lots of room to roam (on leash.) There are areas where we transition from wide open space to narrow sidewalk beside traffic. I’m having difficulty with these transitions. Once we establish the long loose leash pattern of walking Lucy doesn’t want to walk beside me.
- When it’s icy outside how can I teach my dog to move slowly so I don’t fall?
- Have you any tips for helping a fearful dog relax in the garden if a neighbours dog is barking? Whats the best way to teach BamBam not to bark back if he hears next doors dog? We've not moved in yet so have a few weeks to work on it and the last thing I want to do is let him in the new garden to either hate being in there, or to just be really barky when outside.
- Hi Grisha. I just finished watching BAT workshop. My dog Lola is a rescue, I believe here reactivity is down to bad socialization growling, lunging on leash then over excitement when she does meet other dogs. Of lease she lunges straight in, no manors. But this is not with every dog of leash. When under training until issue is resolved would Lola not be allowed to greet other dogs?
- My puppy seems to like belly rubs a lot. When she meets new people she'll sometimes go into a belly roll. I don't know whether it is a good thing or it means she's scared. Often she doesn't move immediately away from the person. Could I read this as a 'i love belly rubs' behaviour? How can I know when she's scared? Ears back, etc?
- I have a client with two one year old German Shepherds, littermates. About a month ago one of the dogs started behaving obsessively. He chases his tail and runs around things like cars and trees all day long. What is the best way to help this dog stop this heartbreaking behaviour? Thank you!
- I also talked about:
- Off Leash BAT
- Play time with dogs doing splitting to calm down others' play
- And Bean was a goofy nut with his new crate - watch him at about 22:20
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Walk With Me - feature film (streaming video, also available on DVD from Tawzer)
- Sound Desensitization blog post
- I have the Kahtoola MicroSpikes on my boots for icy walks, and they are awesome
- Videos from the Member Video Library
- Teamwork Seminars schedule with map