We answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and provided here for easy access. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video on this page.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- Does bean spend time is a crate?
- How is peanut dealing with bean spending time with you? This is the period of adjustment I find so exhausting.
- Have you taken Bean and Peanut on a walk together yet? If not, when are you going to walk them together?
- Could you tell about ninja BAT?
- Toys: I am curious what Peanut is chewing on in the videos? Bean has one also, but it must be great for an adult dog to like it so much. Also, how does Peanut know the toy Bean has is exactly the same? (You said that this is how to keep Peanut from stealing Bean's toys when they are together.)
- Unfortunately my puppy has started to bark at people and dogs walking by. When we are at a distance sniffing and walking, puppy can look at calmly and make good choices. When the people and dogs suddenly walk closer or walk by, she begins to bark. She doesn't move away, she jumps and barks until I cue her away with kissy noise. How to handle this?
- About survival skills. My dog can't do focused walk or "find it" when seeing another dog coming by and we have no room to move away. He wants to see the other dog. Is this breed issue, stress issue or not practised enough? So LAT has helped us when passing by other dogs closely. Also warning my dog before he sees a dog, makes my dog more aroused. I have not been able to use the warning.
- To my question about the puppy barking: I have now used Mark (when we are too close just for looking the trigger) and then called away and moved away. Before any barking.
Links Grisha referred to in this session (or could have):
- Puppy Socialization & Combat Fishing on Grisha's YouTube Channel
- Peanut snarking and stealing Bean's toy on Grisha's YouTube Channel
- Training Peanut to share without stealing on Grisha's YouTube Channel (the answer that Grisha missed: those are mice without squeakers from Ikea)
- Where to buy Grisha's Symmetry Line