In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- my dog is reactive to entire male dogs. Is this a common thing? He is an 8 year old border collie x dog, neutered when he turned 7 by the rescue I got him from.
- Hi! What is your answer if a client ask you to teach his dog to go off leash? I'm thinking about the other dogs on the walks...
- following up on Kelly's question [from last week - about reconsolidation] do you start your sessions this way now ? ( 10 minute exposure) place away and start your session
- did Bean initially bark like crazy when he saw a dog ? Does he read the signals of the other dogs well?
- My girl has learned well a "thank you" cue for stopping barking. (i like her to bark for a short period of time) I am not getting a sustained stopping of barking. She barks - I say thank you and she comes to me for a reinforcer but once done finding her cookies on floor she goes back to door to bark more.. How can I get the barking to stop for longer?
- another question , I feel lifting the dog up who wants up is fine. esp if they feel safe , others feel doing this makes the other greeting dog feel more frustrated as your dog is elevated . how would you handle the other dogs that may jump on you to get to be Bean?
- not fully related to training, but I'm curious about what kind of diet you usually use for your dogs (kibble, wet, commercial raw, homemade raw, etc). thanks!
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- Office Hour session with questions about neutering Bean, with resources on the debate of when/whether to neuter or spay
- Coming When Called blog post with videos and extra info just for ABBA members
- The new BAT 2.0 Book comes out in just over a week!
- Teamwork BAT Seminars schedule with map
- YouTube video with tips for politely walking your dog off leash