In the Office Hours, I answer members' pet training and behavior questions in live sessions, which are recorded and shown here. Please log in or sign up for a Student or Pro membership to see the video.
Dog training and care questions in this video:
- I am new to practicing BAT 2.0 with my min rescue poodle. (She is reactive to other dogs). It seems when she see's another dog from afar (before threshold) she pulls towards the dog (her choice). Should I continue to use BAT 1.0 and reward (verbal or treat) when she looks at me and walk away? She's ok with a few small dogs in the neighborhood but there are some that she wants to stalk.
- I´m doing BAT sessions with a female mixed pitbull and the last time it seems to be more closer to plastic dog, but still have some bad episodes on the week with some unleashed dogs. It was the fourth BAT with her. I´m afraid about doing well the BAT because it took more time than I expected to be closer to the dog, but she was wery fine with another dog on weekend, even she growled without react
- my Border some times is reactive with neighbors, some others not. Even when we are in the car, he is reactive with some persons. I think he didn´t like to be with me in the car. What mental exercises can you suggest?
- I also talked about:
- training Bean to jump up on my luggage as a Safe Zone (demo throughout the office hours)
- Dr. Helen Zulch and stress, including negative side effects of glucocorticoids.
Links I referred to in this session (or could have):
- The Animal World Superstars interview I mentioned with Helen Zulch was awesome! Click to view the recording if you are a Pro member.
- Here's a link to the article I mentioned that Helen co-authored about stress in dogs and cats
- The new BAT 2.0 Book is out!
- Teamwork BAT Seminars schedule