Grisha Stewart, MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP frequently does video, audio, and print interviews.
Favorite Topics: dog training, dog behavior, the canine-human bond, dog aggression, dog reactivity, walking dogs with safety and freedom, changing habits, applying dog training to human behavior, attachment theory for dog training, grief/mourning, mindfulness, songwriting, rock climbing (including a dog walking technique based on rock climbing that I call the leash belay), woman-owned business, travel, and related topics.
Bio: Grisha’s biography
Books and Videos
- Book – BAT 2.0 for Aggression, Frustration, and Fear [eBook] [Paperback] [Audio/Video] – Chosen “Best Book for Anyone With a Reactive Dog,”
- Book – Official Ahimsa Dog Training Manual: A Force-Free Guide to Problem Solving and Training [eBook] [Paperback]
- Amazon author page with reviews (but please link to Grisha’s site)
- Feature-Length Videos
- “Talk With Me! Simple Steps for 2-Way Understanding Between Dogs and People” [DVD] [streaming]
- “Walk with Me! Safety, Fun, and Freedom with Leash Training for You and Your Dog” [DVD] [streaming]
- “Problem Prevention in Puppies & Dogs: an Empowered Approach to Life with Dogs” [DVD] [streaming]
- “Survival Skills: Coping with Dog Reactivity in Real Life” [DVD] [streaming]
- “BAT 2.0 Set-Ups: How to Orchestrate Basic Set-Ups and Variations with Dogs” [DVD] [streaming]
- “BAT for Geeks: A Technical Perspective on Behavior Adjustment Training 2.0” [DVD] [streaming]
- BAT 2.0 Series – Box set of the above [DVD] [streaming]
Some of Grisha’s Media Appearances & Interviews
- Various interviews on YouTube.
- OwlTail summary of podcasts with Grisha Stewart as a guest.
- Canine Arthritis Management: “It Hurts When I Do That” (video)
- Drinking from the Toilet podcast. Topic – Reactive Behavior in people and dogs. (audio)
- Dog Save the People podcast. Topic: Inner Reflections. (audio)
- Paws & Reward podcast. Topic: Human behavior change. (audio)
- Unleashed at Work and Home podcast. Topic: Acceptance. (audio)
- Bitey End of the Dog podcast. Topic: Dog Aggression, BAT. (audio)
- Canine Paradigm podcast. Topic: BAT and the Leash Belay. (audio)
- Barking from the Wooftops podcast. Topic: BAT and dog reactivity. (audio)
- Barks podcast by the Pet Professional Guild (panel discussion). Grisha’s Topic: How to Human. (audio)
- Live from the Ranch with host Ken Ramirez. Topic: Leash Belay. (video)
- Empowered Dog podcast. Topic. Personal and professional life, BAT. (video)
- Dante Dog Works YouTube channel. Topic: Dog Reactivity (with Portuguese translation). (video)
- Dog it Right podcast. Topic: What is BAT? (audio)
- The Barking Mad Show podcast. Topic: Training and Management in Multi-Dog households.
- Dog Talk podcast. Topic: BAT and other related topics. (audio)
- Steve Dale’s Pet World radio interview. Topic: BAT and positive reinforcement (audio)
- War Bone YouTube interview (video)
- It’s Raining Cats and Dogs radio show – regular co-host (Seattle)
- KOMO News Seattle (video)
- New Day Northwest KING 5 NBC Seattle (video)
- KUOW Radio Interview on how a mathematician became a dog trainer (audio)
- Positively Dog Training podcast. Grisha’s interview starts at 22:40 and goes to about 36:00. (audio)
- Dog Works Radio. (audio)
- Superhero Dog Owner’s Show. Interview starts at 5:32 (video)
- Animal Cafe podcast. Topic: BAT 1.0. (audio)
- Wildpaw Dog podcast. Topic: BAT 1.0. (audio)
About the Academy
The Grisha Stewart Academy of Dog Training & Behavior is a nurturing, innovative, global online educational community that inspires sustainable behavior change. We aim to help our students feel empowered, prepared, and curious for more, resulting in happy dogs, happy families, and a legacy of empathy and kindness in the dog training industry.