Have questions about BAT? There are many discussion groups for BAT. The official BAT group on Facebook is the best way to get questions answered about the theory of BAT and how BAT should be done in a particular situation.
There are also some regional BAT groups run by people interested in meeting up to practice BAT. They are listed in the third section below.
LEARNING ABOUT BAT
- Official Behavior Adjustment Training Facebook group: for all people using BAT. The Official BAT group is a creative space for professional and hobby dog trainers. We discuss treatments for aggression, fear, and other dog behavior problems, using methods that involve real-life rewards, including Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) alone or BAT combined with Control Unleashed, TTouch, etc.
- Animal Building Blocks Academy - the ABBA Facebook group is for student and pro members of my online school, students in the self-study courses, etc. We talk about all aspects of dog training, much more than just BAT, but BAT questions are welcome.
- FunctionalRewards Yahoo group: also for all people using BAT. It has the same purpose as the Facebook group, but on Yahoo. It is less active and may be archived at some point.
- ShelterBAT group: Facebook group just for shelter/rescue staff and volunteers to use BAT to rehabilitate dogs in their care.
- BAT-Related Research is a Facebook group for research papers that investigate phenomena related to BAT.
- HorseBAT is a Facebook group to use BAT with horses.
REGIONAL BAT GROUPS FOR PRACTICING BAT
The regional groups are unofficial and are usually focused on finding set-ups for your dog. We will be sorting these on the new site, but for now, they are here in no particular order, basically grouped by country. These groups are mostly for trainers, but many allow non-trainers to join, unless stated below. If you have a regional group that you would like listed, please contact me. Listed with the newest groups on top.
- New Mexico Behavior Adjustment Training-BAT Group
- BAT 2.0 in België (Belgium)
- Eugene, Oregon: Eugene / Lane County BAT Meetup
Portland, Oregon: PDX BAT Group
- BAT á Íslandi (Iceland)
- BAT Sweden
- BAT Finland
Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) Österreich (Austrian BAT group)
- BAT NYC (for set-ups in and around New York City)
- Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) Greenville SC
- BAT LA - Los Angeles Area
- Bluegrass BAT Dogs, Kentucky
- BAT Dogs of NE Ohio
- BAT Alaska (need BAT experience to join)
- BAT NE (Northeast USA)
- Central MA BAT
- Bay Area BATters
- BAT Charlotte NC Area
- BAT Australia
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK - SW England. Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, & Gloucestershire
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – South. Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, & the Isle of Wight
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK - SE England. Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, & Kent
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – London. The City and Boroughs of London
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – East Anglia. Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, & Cambridgeshire
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – East Midlands. Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, & Lincolnshire
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – West Midlands. Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, & the City of Birmingham
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – Wales
- South Wales BAT Group
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK –Northwest. Cheshire, Derbyshire, Lancashire, & the City of Manchester
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – The North of England. Yorkshire, Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland & the cities of Liverpool and Newcastle
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – Scotland
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) UK – Northern Ireland
- Behaviour Adjustment Training (BAT) Ireland
- BAT Netherlands
- BAT Behavior Adjustment Training ITALIA (Italy's BAT group)
- Behavior Adjustment TRAINER deutschspragigen Raum (German language BAT group for trainers only)
- Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT) ESPAÑA (Group limited to dog trainers working in Spain - Spanish and English language. Practical discussions, not theoretical.)
- BAT Denmark (English and Danish)