The following seminars have been recorded and are available for purchase.
- Streaming seminar videos are viewable over and over on many devices
- Pro Members earn CPDT CEUs
- If you purchased these on EmpoweredAnimals.com, you get free access here in ABBA [Access Request Info]
Check out the following seminar recordings:
- Evolution of BAT 2.0 (1.5 Hours) The BAT technique for dog aggression, fear, and frustration has changed quite a bit in the decade since I developed it. For 90 minutes, I’ll take you on a tour of the development of BAT, from the initial inspirations of BAT 1.0 in 2009 up through the present moment, including the moments I cringe about ...
- Don’t Just Grab the Pussycat: the Power of Consent in All Species (1.75 Hours) Did you know that your dog might not actually like being picked up? Or that “not running away” is not the same as your cat consenting to be petted? Did you know that putting your hand out into a dog’s space is actually NOT a polite thing to do in the dog world? Or that ...
- Small Dogs Rule! (1.5 hours) Online seminar recorded October 4, 2016 - Presented by: Grisha Stewart.Small dogs are awesome and amazing to live with. There are some specific challenges that people face when they care for small dogs, including bias from other people, safety issues, aggression, and training problems. This seminar discusses empowerment and positive dog training that will be helpful for both regular pet folks and professional trainers.
- Teamwork Empowerment Seminar Recording (2.25 hours) Online seminar recorded April 20, 2016 - Presented by: Grisha Stewart, MA, CPDT-KA. Looking for a great way to jumpstart your dog training and have a stronger relationship with your dog? Or maybe you're a professional trainer looking for better ways to train or explain?
Professional dog trainer and author Grisha Stewart has a unique perspective on life with dogs. Her training style focuses on using clear communication and empowerment to teach behavior that improves the quality of life for everyone in the family, including the dog(s).
- Real Dog Yoga (1.5 hours) Online seminar recorded December 15, 2015 - Presented by: Jo-Rosie Haffenden. Get the scientific foundation of Real Dog Yoga and how to involve this practice in all of your training. "Yoga is defined as the stilling of the senses. It is a practice which involves people taking and holding specific postures, focusing on the present, and working on physical stimulation as a pathway to still themselves mentally. Real Dog Yoga shares the same aims , as well as improving focus, body consciousness, and dog-human connection."
- Future of Dog Training (1.1 hours) Online seminar recorded November 10, 2015 - Presented by: Grisha Stewart MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP. Dog training practices and philosophies are always changing based on science and innovative techniques from trainers and behaviorists in the field. Change is hard, but if you have an idea of where you might be going, it's a little easier!
- BAT 101 Workshop (1.5 hours) Live seminar recorded June 16, 2015 in Anchorage, Alaska - Presented by: Grisha Stewart MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP . Does your dog have fear, aggression, or frustration issues? View this seminar for expert help. This is also suitable for professional dog trainers, but the focus is on 'regular' dog owners.
- A Critical Look at 7 Different Methods for Fear-Based Aggression (52 minutes) Online seminar recorded 2013 in UK - Presented by: Grisha Stewart MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP . This talk compares 7 different common methods for rehabilitating fear-based aggression from a humane training perspective, including force-free techniques and punishment methods from popular books and videos.
- BAT for Geeks (1.5 hours) Online seminar recorded June 27, 2014 - Presented by: Grisha Stewart MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP with Carly Loyer, CBATI. If you are already familiar with BAT 2.0 and are looking to delve into it in a more technical way, this seminar is for you! This seminar also includes a discussion of ethics, the Humane Hierarchy, the Mere Exposure Effect, useful tips for classical counterconditioning and extinction, and even a bit of neurobiology.
- BAT Leash Skills (1.25 hours) Online seminar recorded June 10, 2014 - Presented by Grisha Stewart MA, CPDT-KA, KPACTP. This introduction to BAT is meant for anyone who walks a dog, puppy, or even a potbellied pig. It may also be used by trainers or dog lovers who are using Behavior Adjustment Training to rehabilitate reactivity. Learn about various ways to help walk your dog in a way that helps both of you stay more physically and emotionally balanced.
- Intro to BAT 2.0 (2.25 hours) New! On-demand webinar recorded February 29, 2020 - Presented by: Grisha Stewart, MA, CPDT-KA. This introduction to Behavior Adjustment Training 2.0 is meant for people who are having issues with their dogs. It may also be used by trainers who would like an introduction to BAT.
Does your dog bark, growl, even bite dogs or other people? In this on-demand webinar, you will learn about BAT, a technique to teach your dog to be more comfortable. Depending on your experience with dogs and your dog’s level of aggression or fear, you might also want to hire a Certified BAT Instructor.
This video will give you practical tips to keep your family and your dog safe. It will teach you enough about BAT to know whether you want to give it a try with your dog. More resources are provided at the end of the video, in the store, and on the BAT info page.