To view this lesson, please purchase this course or log in if you have already purchased it.[/s2If]
HOW TO USE THESE LESSONS
Read through the lessons at your own pace. Every 2-4 lessons, we will pause to give you some tasks to practice. Each set of lessons with practice is meant to take about a week or so.
NOTE: This is a self-paced course. The first time through, it was run as a 6-week course with a live component, and you have access to all archived materials. We have a special Facebook group just for students.[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_course_004_hh)]
Please request to join the How to Human course Facebook Group. This group is just for this course.[/s2If]
Take whatever time you need ,but keep going! And if you stop for a while, and remember that you’ve not logged on, just come back. You’ll keep access to the course on this site and can log in any time.
Section 1: Changing Habits Efficiently
- Habits can be useful! Which habits do you want?
- Habit check: What’s the function of your current habits? Do they match your values & purpose?
- Training your healthy habits (what does healthy mean?)
- Thoughts are behavior too
Section 2: Feelings, Needs, Strategies, and Boundaries
- Essentialism – where to put your time and energy
- Resolving conflict and building empathy with Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Setting and enforcing healthy boundaries
- Respecting others’ boundaries
Section 3: The Border Collie in Your Head
- What’s ‘normal’ for a brain?
- Negativity bias and feedback loops
- Fundamental attribution error
- Labels aren’t useful for people, either
- Habits revisited
Section 4: Being Present
- Taking in the Good
- Mindfulness exercises
- Feeling emotion in your body
- Shame – everyone has it, few people talk about it
- Wholehearted living and badassery
Section 5: Stillness and Unconditional Love
- Power of Compassion
- Lovingkindness meditation
- Walking meditation and other integrations
- Relationship audits
Section 6: Impermanence, Groundlessness, and Letting Be
- Transitions and loss
- Acceptance and joy
- Emotional approach to retirement planning
- Resources for further learning
[s2If current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_course_004_hh)]Links to each topic are on the main course page.[/s2If][s2If current_user_cannot(access_s2member_ccap_course_004_hh)]
To view the course lessons, please purchase this course or log in if you have already purchased it.[/s2If]