To view this lesson, please purchase this course or log in if you have already purchased it.
HOW TO USE THESE LESSONS
Read through the lessons at your own pace. Every 2-4 lessons, we will pause to give you some tasks to practice. Each set of lessons with practice is meant to take about a week or so.
NOTE: This will be a self-paced course, except the first time through, it will be run as a 6 week course with an optional live component. We will have a special Facebook group just for students, with live instruction and Q&A sessions on Wednesdays at 10 am Pacific time [PST].
The agenda is listed with weekly lessons, but you can take whatever time you need. You'll keep access to the course on this site and can log in any time.
Week 1: Changing Habits Efficiently
- Habits can be useful! Which habits do you want?
- Habit check: What's the function of your current habits? Do they match your values & purpose?
- Training your healthy habits (what does healthy mean?)
- Thoughts are behavior too
Week 2: Feelings, Needs, Strategies, and Boundaries
- Essentialism - where to put your time and energy
- Resolving conflict and building empathy with Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Setting and enforcing healthy boundaries
- Respecting others' boundaries
Week 3: The Border Collie in Your Head
- What's 'normal' for a brain?
- Negativity bias and feedback loops
- Fundamental attribution error
- Labels aren't useful for people, either
- Habits revisited
Week 4: Being Present
- Taking in the Good
- Mindfulness exercises
- Feeling emotion in your body
- Shame - everyone has it, few people talk about it
- Wholehearted living and badassery
Week 5: Stillness and Unconditional Love
- Power of Compassion
- Lovingkindness meditation
- Walking meditation and other integrations
- Relationship audits
Week 6: Impermanence, Groundlessness, and Letting Be
- Transitions and loss
- Acceptance and joy
- Emotional approach to retirement planning
- Resources for further learning
To view the course lessons, please purchase this course or log in if you have already purchased it.